Account Manager Job Description
Based in our London Waterloo office, the successful candidate will oversee a range of assigned customers, including some high profile organisations, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. They will create long-term, trusting relationships with the customers
The candidate will have a great deal of autonomy over their working day and how they go about achieving theirs and the companies goals.
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing monthly sales reports. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers.
With the support of our design & marketing team, you will be required to pitch for and win new business from a mixture of warm to self-generated leads. Our sister company Zeus Events will be referring leads for you to follow up.
They need to create clear, detailed briefs for the design, development and marketing teams to work from.
If you are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behaviour, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual sales quotas.
– Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
– Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
– Pitch for and negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise profits
– Provide clear, detailed briefs for the design, development and marketing teams
– Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
– Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
– Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
– Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
– Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
– Prepare reports on account status
– Collaborate with Zeus Events team to identify and grow opportunities
– Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
– Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
– Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
– Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and Spreadsheets
– Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
– Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
– Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
– Ability to create own leads
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
Targets, Pay & Commission
This will depend on experience, will include a basic salary and commission structure. There is huge potential within this role and lots of opportunity.